Saturday, September 4, 2010

These are our Heroes....


Yes I was that guy. A 32 year old child.

First off, it was great seeing you all again this summer. And I especially liked the family meals we had together- we might consider starting up the Bachelor Pizza blog soon.

As you may know, when I was a young boy, I heard a CD called The College Dropout. I hadn't listened to rap music in a long time; in fact, the last rapper I had supported was Coolio, and my mom threw my Coolio tape out the car window.


Between this new guy Kanye, and the homies from G-Unit, I was all about rap music again. I even bought a G-Unit spinning necklace, which I think got snatched by one of my fans at a concert, or I might have given it to a girl to impress her.

Photobucket

But this Kanye guy was something else. He had the best songs- "She got a light-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson; got a dark-skinned friend look like Michael Jackson (probably still his best line)" everybody wanted to work with him, and he seemed to really care about making good music. It was this crazy overnight success story that turned out to be anything but that.

After that, I got really interested in music production, because I wanted to be the first to find the next Kanye. Of course, it still hasn't happened, so I'll have to end up doing it myself, but that's all right; I can handle it.


The problem is that we used to be able to rely on Kanye. And as wild and strange as he was, he was reliable. He wasn't necessarily humble, but he kept his ego in check and could focus on the music.

Now, well....

Kanye unleashed some gems on twitter today, trying to explain himself as best you can in 140 letters or less a thought. Some people might go about it a different way, but that's Kanye for you.

You can keep up with Kanye and his twittering here, but please don't give him any more followers.

I must warn you, in the words of Kanye...

These tweets have no manager, no publicist , no grammar checking... this is raw



A few of my favorites:

Some people's truth is Kanye is racist... It's not my truth but I do believe it's my Karma.... walk with me...

Huh? So Kanye is still all hung up on this Taylor Swift thing.




With the help of strong will, a lack of impathy, a lil alcohol and extremely distasteful & bad timing ... I became George Bush over night

So you're George Bush now? The same guy who doesn't care about you? And a "lil alcohol?"


This wasn't a night out at the club by the way; this was an nationally televised award show that you can wear suits or leather shirts to. But it is a nice shirt:

It is distasteful to cut people off as a general rule. What's the point of dressing tastefully if I'm going to act the complete opposite?

Oh, and that bottle of Hennessy has it's own twitter as well.



Remember in Anchor Man when Ron Burgandy cursed on air and the entire city turned on him? But this wasn't a joke. This was & is my real life

In case you were wondering, this is a pretty serious thing.


And of course, my ultimate favorite- Kanye, who are you hanging out with?

I was chilling with this white girl having a conversation and she cut me off and said... Hold up... I thought you didn't like us?!



If you google Asshole my face may very well pop up 2 pages into the search.

Something makes me think Kanye has been googling assholes and was very surprised by what he found.



Who's seen the play Wicked? I've seen it 4 times! Other than loving the music acting and costumes... it's my story!!!

The Wicked witch of the west basically is so convicted to tell her truth when she does it she is outcasted by society and turned WICKED

Just to show that Kanye has a little culture, and can see that everything is a metaphor for his life. You see, it's the Wicked Witch of the.... WEST!!



It goes on with Kanye employing some very deep philosophies on his life...

Humanity and Empathy are 2 of the 4 principles at facebook. Those were the 2 principles I was missing on that evening


He then starts going into the layers of Kanye West and the justification for speaking in the third person.

Kanye, come back to us, homie. You don't need to be this guy anymore.


The main reason for me getting all worked up is that Kanye has a new album coming out. More importantly, it's a new rap album. And while I didn't hate 808's and Heartbreak, I am itching to hear the only guy who makes good rap albums make another one. Otherwise it might be time to buy some skinny jeans and start listening to white people music again, and I just can't stomach that right now.


I'm ready to get out of my own way. The ego is overdone... it's like hoodies

I just hope he means it. The problem with reinforcing these negative stereotypes is that eventually we're all going to forget the guy who just wanted a good ass job.

Digg this

No comments: