Tuesday, September 7, 2010

how have i not seen this before?

So I was reading my FB feed this evening when I saw this gem of a video:


I mean, I ate "Mad Men" up like a quart of fro-yo this summer, but this clip is so G-D silly that I couldn't stop at just one. Now, before I moved out to the Midwest, I spent a bit of time in Boston (by the by, blog posts to come about my experiences tailgating a University of Iowa football game with what felt like 10,000 other Hawkeyes and witnessing a row of cows being milked via metal udder-pump). Let me just say, this clip combines the drunken yet brilliant sense of camaraderie of AMC's Madison Avenue ad men with that raw uncouth quality of Scorsese's Southie Irish flunkies.

In a nutshell, MA Men made me think of the East Coast brethren I left behind. And it made me want to watch this video again:


As much as I'm loving Iowa, the East Coast is just so much funnier. I love watching clips and thinking to myself, "I know people just like that." And I love how Nat Faxon from "Orange County" and "Beerfest" makes an appearance as a gay.

I guess what they say is legit....it's funny 'cuz it's true.
Digg this

No comments: