Friday, January 29, 2010

I don't usually do this...

... But this new pop star Justin Beaver has got me confused.

I think he's 13, but his songs seem so much more mature.

Either he's one crazy dancer, or someone else wrote this song for him - either Usher or maybe R. Kelly.





Some sample lyrics:

Give the first dance to me girl
I promise i'll be gentle
I know we gotta do it slowly if you give,
give the first dance to me
im gon cherish every moment,
cause it only happens once, once
In a life time.

Everybody says that we look cute together,
lets make this a night the two us remember,
no teachers around to see us dancin' close
I'm tellin' you our parents will never know
before the lights go up and the music turns off.
Now's the perfect time for me
to taste your lipgloss,
your glass slippers in my hand right here,
We'll make it before the clock strikes nine.


This follows in a line of other questionable songs that have come out in the last few years.

Akon and David Guetta's "Sexy Bitch"




Sample lyrics:

She's nothing like a girl you've ever seen before
Nothing you can compare to your neighbourhood ho
I'm tryna find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful
The way that booty movin I can't take no more
Have to stop what i'm doin so I can pull up close
I'm tryna find the words to describe this girl without being disrespectful

Damn girl
Damn you'se a sexy bitch
A sexy bitch
Damn you'se a sexy bitch
Damn girl!


...Or Timbaland and Justin Timberlake's new track "Carryout" - dedicated to Lizzy.



You look good, baby must taste heavenly
I’m pretty sure that you got your own recipe
So pick it up, pick it up, yeah I like you
I just can’t get enough I got to drive through

Number one, I take two number three’s
That’s a whole lot of you and a side of me.
Now is it full of myself to want you full of me?
And if there’s room for dessert then I want a piece.

What’s your name?
What’s your number?
I’m glad I came
Can you take my order?

Let me get my ticket baby, let me get it line
I can tell the way you like it, baby, supersized
Hold on, you got yours, let me get mine
I ain’t leavin’ till they turn over the closed sign

Check it

Take my order cause your body like a carry out



I think the innuendos are intentional.

You put a beat to anything and all of a sudden you're not comparing a chick to a Whopper with cheese, and stealing her virginity is just like dancing at the junior prom under a disco ball. It's rude to call a chick a bitch, but if it's a sexy bitch, oh yeah!

Why can't we just have nice music, like this?

Digg this

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay!! i'm so glad you commented on my reccomendations...