Friday, February 5, 2010

Almost an angry rant



I almost had a conniption (had to google that to spell it) when I saw the best TV shows. It really made me, and I'm almost afraid to say it, doubt some of the writers at blumpkin. That all being said, upon further inspection I found that I am a moron and Bobby Rowboat, as always, was spot on. Notice that the title of the TV show piece is best of TV's PAY channels (Late addition: I guess the whole second paragraph talks about that it's pay cable- guess I can't read.)

Thats right, so Bobby was spot on and I apologize for ever doubting him (Lost doesn't even get a ballot there Dutch (Actually, I've never seen Lost, but I still don't think it deserves it even if it could (Yes, that's ignorant, but seriously, hasn't it been like a hundred seasons and they haven't closed it up yet? Just wait- aliens are gonna show up at the end like in the Indiana Jones That Doesn't Belong))).


Now to prove that this is not just an angry rant, I will attempt to get to a point. I'm not gonna do the best five TV shows because I do not watch enough of the medium to fully grasp the field, but I will do the best TV show, paid or free, bar none:

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Best Episode: The D.E.N.N.I.S. System, although there are a bunch up there. If this episode doesn't change the way you deal with women chances are you are gonna wake up next to a tranny one day.

Bingability(What??): Not only can I watch episodes back to back all day, I can watch the same episode back to back all day. The show is so great and unpredictable that it actually takes you about three times to fully appreciate all the comedy that is packed into it. You miss like three more jokes when you are still reeling from a first. Also this show has the rare ability to combine slapstick style humor with almost a more sophisticated- well, no, not sophisticated- but subtle dry humor as well. As i said it is lost on many but it definitely ups the replay value.

Hot Chick Factor: Okay, leaves a lot to be desired, but at least Dee isn't fat

Let's run it down:

The Waitress (yup she has no name, her actual name according to the script is the waitress, which you would think is normal but she is in every episode): Now maybe if you're the type of guy to like the kinda emo, kinda weird, kinda short hair type then she might be great. I'm not.

Artemis the Man Cow (a working title): Absolute beast, but if you're into fat chicks then she would be right up your alley, but she probably wouldn't fit. Note: attitude to match her waistline.

Sweet Dee: Again she's not fat. There's nothing really that's unattractive about her, but there's nothing really that's attractive about her, except that she's skinny.

Ugh moments: Can't think of any. I mean I'm sure they exist if examined under a microscope for a while, but any have been overshadowed by the unpredictability of rest of the show. Note that said unpredictability becomes not unrealistic; the unpredictabilities actually all work perfectly with the characters if you get to know them.

It started off on a wicked low budget, the writers are the main characters, and come on, don't you want to know what this guy gets himself into on a daily basis?


Digg this

1 comment:

Sam Ziergiebel said...

thanks to billy who, as always, cleans up my raw retard posts into an actual piece of prose to be presented (alliteration almost all accidental)