Thursday, May 27, 2010

TV on Airplanes


I was flying cross-country late one night watching Satellite TV and I caught this bit, which is part of one of the more clever British TV shows, Gareth Marenghi's Darkplace.

One of the things technology has ruined is the discovery of a surprise program on TV. Now with DVR and Sportscenter telling you every upcoming moment, you can't just flip to a channel and find something that blows you away. Especially when you're really high at about 2 in the morning. I think the last time it happened to me I caught an episode of MTV's Wonder Showzen.

But then again, without technology, I wouldn't have been able to figure out what the hell I even saw on the airplane that fateful night. I think there's a term involving a sword sharpened on both sides that applies here.

Digg this

1 comment:

Bobby Crooked said...

English people just sound weird. They have to be really funny for me to take them seriously.